Chinese OEM Manufacturer Medical orthopedic fiberglass cast tape
3rd generation Orthopedic fiberglass casting tape
Character & advantage:
How to use Cast:
1) Put the pad (cotton coil or cotton slipcover) on the surgery position.
2) Wear surgical gloves.
3) Select proper specification according to the surgery position.
4) Immerse the roll in room temperature water(21-24°C) for 4-6 seconds and squeeze it 2-3 times firmly. If the water warmer than 21-24°C shortens the immersing time, while cooler than 21-24°C water lengthens the time.
5) Enwind spirally; Overlapping the previous layer by one-half or two-thirds of the roll width. To maintain proper tension is very important and take care to avoid excessive tightness. The strength can be determined by the number of layers used. Just 3-4 layers provide a string non-weigh-bearing cast and 5-6 layers are typically adequate for weight-bearing cast.
6) Additional after the initial enwinding should be overlapped on itself to achieve good molding. Enwind the roll in 3-5 minutes after immersing in water because after that time it will be concretion.
7) Smooth and rub the surface to achieve good contact between layers. Keeping smoothness helps mold the wrap.
Allow about 10 minutes for sufficient concretion and let patients not move during this time. It could bear electric weight after 20 minutes.
8) It could be windowed, trimmed or removed with traditional cast saw equipment.